One of the curious question of many singing bowl buyers commonly found in internet as well is “are singing bowls dangerous?” To answer this question correctly: the answer is no, Singing bowls aren’t dangerous from any perspective at all. Singing Bowls are mainly used for healing, sound therapy, meditation and yoga classes as singing bowls claims to cure headache, anxiety, emotional instability. Singing Bowls are amazing supplementary benefit or sometimes alternative for medications.
Soundhimalaya.com in association with Tuladhar Handicrafts have more than 25 years of experience of working with singing bowls and sound healers, and as per our expertise, we have never had any complaints regarding side effects of singing bowls and sound therapy from any of our customers.
We do not feel that singing bowls are dangerous and as per feedbacks taken from our customers; people do feel a certain impacts or changes in them within few hours after sound healing. When people present negative feeling and negative emotions towards any of medications, they do get negative results, and if they do not believe in sound therapies or trust the process, the results could be in-effective for them.
There isn’t any proof that singing bowls causes serious damage mentally or physically to any individual nor are there any incidents regarding such, Therefore, singing bowls cannot be considered dangerous. However there are certain groups of people who might reconsider singing bowls and sound therapy because of following reasons:
- Singing bowls are purely made of metals, some people tend to have skin and respiratory reactio towards metals, if one has such allergies they might want to use singing bowls after confirming the metals used to make it. People who are allergic to certain types of metal should avoid putting the bowls on their bodies and limit it to hearing the sound from 80-120cm away distance.
- If individuals are going through certain health procedures like heart pacemaker, coronary stent, cardiac shunt, artificial heart valves, implantable cardio-verter defibrillator (ICD), assigning bowls may impact your heart beat rate, therefore they might take suggestions from their doctors beforehand.
- If people have inflammatory skin disorder, such as hives, psoriasis, eczema or its variant weeping eczema, singing bowls should not be placed on your body directly but can be used above cotton or light clothing without allowing the metals to touch the skin.
- People with metal inserts, metal implants, or metal staples inside their body, might avoid placing singing bowls on body parts as singing bowls when played have chances that the vibrations could shake or disturb the metal inside of you, causing it to dysfunction.
- Pregnant women might want to avoid playing singing bowls, as during pregnancies hormonal levels are misbalanced and vibrations from the bowls may have negative effects, especially if they’re placed on the body.
- People with epilepsy should also avoid this form of therapy because in rare cases, the music and vibrations can both cause seizures. If they want to try they should start with only one singing bowl and see the reactions initially before moving on with sound healings or singing bowls above their body or near to body.
- During sound therapy sessions, it may become uncomfortable if the singing bowl aids in bringing out strong emotions or painful memories. Some people feel the need to cry or take a break from talking to people for a while which is a part of the emotional stability and healing process.
The major takeaway to question “Are singing bowls dangerous?” is that in overall of cases, singing bowls can be used for all of the people without placing singing bowl on their body parts or near to body parts which causes absolutely no harm.
As per Science of singing bowls, they have positive health and well-being effects. The sound from the singing bowls help react with brain waves that make you feel relaxed as music therapy generally reduce levels of the stress hormone in the body and when your levels of cortisol are lowered, you feel more relaxed. While receiving sound healing or sound therapy it is highly suggested for you to prepare yourself for some traumatic experiences to resurface during your sessions because such healing process awakens you physically, mentally and spiritually as well.